What is SEO?
“Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the quality and quantity of website traffic to a website or a web page from search engines.”
“As an Internet marketing strategy, SEO considers how search engines work, the computer-programmed algorithms that dictate search engine behavior, what people search for, the actual search terms or keywords typed into search engines, and which search engines are preferred by their targeted audience. SEO is performed because a website will receive more visitors from a search engine when websites rank higher in the search engine results page (SERP). These visitors can then potentially be converted into customers.”
- You need a website.
- You need a website that is professional looking with more than just a single page.
- SEO is important for a website
- SEO is expensive to do right
- SEO needs to be maintained to be at peak performance
- Different businesses need different levels of SEO maintenance
- Thousands of businesses are successful without any SEO
- Those same business can be more successful if they implement SEO
Gold Piece Consulting’s Advice:
- Start slow. There’s no point in dumping thousands of dollars into SEO on Day 1
- Build a Website, Set up your Google My Business, get the basics out of the way.
- When building that website, keep in mind the essense of SEO.
- Build it in WordPress to promote good portability between web hosts
- Page Names that promote good SEO practice
- Topics and word choice that promote good SEO practice
- Structured website with multiple pages that promotes good SEO practice
- Title images with SEO in mind
- Add good content that promotes a good structure for Search Engines
- Go through the process of owning the Analytics, Tag Manager and Search Console properties for the website
- Use a basic SEO plug-in
- Website hosts are like cars. When you have a practice that can afford you a supercar, get a supercar web host. Until then, we’ll stick with a Chevrolet. Well-known, thrifty, and reliable.
- This could last you a year, maybe five. All depends on your practice.
- When you are ready for the next level, we’ll work with you to find that developer that gives you higher performance website and SEO.
If you can afford another 1/2 a rent check each month to spend on SEO, go work with that high performance website firm. Otherwise, talk to us today to get your presence known.